The sports coach is the professional who is in charge of accompanying the athlete on their journey, helping them to visualize goals and overcome limits to achieve the success they propose. It is about optimizing sports performance through the integral development of the person, in such a way that in addition to the physical and technical part, the mental and emotional are also trained.
It is a profession with a growing demand due to the success of the results, solving a sports deficiency that has always existed: working on the emotional part of athletes. Although many coaches and representatives have the role of “psychologists”, the truth is that in order to know and develop the emotions it is necessary to have specific knowledge from Top science foundation course in Malaysia.
What does the work consist of?
The sports coach will work from the inside of the person, helping the coach (the pupil) to better know his mind and know how to identify his emotions. In addition, it is also there to help locate and visualize the athlete’s fears and limitations, and learn to overcome them through the enhancement of the strongest points. Keep in mind that apart from physical capacity, the mind plays a fundamental role in the career of an athlete.
Diploma in sports coaching
The sports coaching is a process of training and learning, which aims to awaken the talent and resources of the athlete, coach or manager, with the aim of empowering maximum performance, establishing an action plan with goals and objectives, which eliminates internal obstacles, providing tools in pursuit of awareness of one’s own abilities and of the team, building a proactive organizational culture.
To help participants who aspire to lead sports teams and / or athletes develop communication and operational skills that allow the implementation of more efficient processes in obtaining sports achievements through an interdisciplinary specialization.
During the training the participant will develop skills to:
- Observe personal reality.
- Intervene in the design of new “realities” and expand the limit of what is possible for clubs, organizations and athletes.
- Communicate effectively.
- Create possibilities for the athlete and sports field outside the traditional paradigm.
- Observe the phenomenon of moods and emotions in relation to the results they are obtaining.
- Intervene in the design of individual and organizational moods to achieve extraordinary results.
- Develop active listening.
- Enroll teams and athletes with responsibility, respect and improvement.
- Assist teams in their learning and transformation processes.
- Create and coach challenging projects, with results measurement.
- Arrange training activities, seminars, workshops and symposia.
- Identify strategies in conflict resolution.
What training do you need to work as a sports coach?
It is a profession that is not regulated or regulated globally. But to be able to work as a sports coach, you must have notions of both sports psychology and extensive knowledge about sports.