Anime and manga are now very familiar in society. Most people would instantly understand these terms if someone just come up to them and ask about these terms. Jujutsu Kaisen is probably one of the most famous manga series that has raised its popularity from the time it was published. For the fans of this series, you can simply read Jujutsu Kaisen latest manga chapter online Malaysia in case you haven’t read the recent chapter yet. This post is special for those who want to start reading this series and might want to get to know about the important characters and facts behind it.
An Introduction to The Storyline
Fans need to know that the genre of this manga is a mixture of comedy and supernatural elements. It is a dark anime that consists of elements such as sorcery, spirit and curses. The story is about a high school boy named Yuji Itadori who is blessed with great athleticism. He however refuses to join any sports club even though being asked by the teachers. He later chose to join the Occult Research Club out of all other options. You wouldn’t expect what would happen next. He swallowed a cursed finger belonging to a demon named Sukuna to protect his friends. He then lives as Sukuna’s host until one day, a powerful sorcerer, Satoru Gojo appears with a totally different purpose. Yuji would have to swallow all Sukuna’s fingers which would have two outcomes; free him from the curse and destroy himself.
What Curses Are There and What Is Jujutsushi?
Jujutsu Kaisen is a story about where humans have both positive and negative emotions. The negative emotions are the ones that would cause the curses in this series. In Jujutsu Kaisen, there are four different grades of curses. They are divided into Grade 4, Grade 3, Grade 2 and finally, the strongest curse grade which is Grade 1.
It is in descending orders where the weakest curse is Grade 4, followed by Grade 3 and Grade 2. Grade 1 is known to have the highest threat level. These grades of curses are very strong and only the powerful sorcerers are able to defeat the curses.
These curses cannot be seen by normal humans. Only those who have the same amount of curse energy in them can see those curses. They are gifted people who are able to both see and perform an exorcism on them. These people are called the Jujutsushi. In Japanese, Jujutsushi means shamans. They are also categorised into 4 grades, just like the curses and the order of power too.
Main Characters and Antagonists
To begin with, of course, you need to get to know the main characters of this manga series.
- Itadori Yuji – The one who is responsible for the storyline. He is a high schooler who somehow swallowed a demon’s cursed finger and now has to strive to eat the remaining fingers to unleash the curse
- Megumi Fushiguro – There are three clans of Jujutsushi and he is one of them. Although he looks grumpy all the time, he is extremely caring when it comes to his comrades.
- Gojo Satoru – He is both Jujutsushi and a teacher. He is the strongest Jujutsushi and he has a very bright personality.
What is a series without the presence of antagonist characters? Here are some of the main antagonists that might make your blood boil:
- Ryomen Sukuna – He is the reason why our main character has to suffer. Sukuna is the one who possessed Yuji.
- Geto Suguru – Don’t be fooled by his looks. He somehow hates the non-sorcerers and thinks that the sorcerers are superior to them.
With these facts and back story, you are now able to read Jujutsu Kaisen without having to wonder what is going on in the series. Anyway, happy reading!